7 TIPS FOR SURVIVING A DAY AT WAYHOME
On Saturday, I attended Wayhome for the very first time. It was an amazing experience, with great music, delicious food, and amazing people. Going was a last minute decision for me, so I wasn’t very prepared (I bought my ticket a day before the event). In my one day there, I realized a lot of things that I would do differently for next year. Therefore, here are my tips for surviving a day at Wayhome.
Tip 1: Buy a Parking Pass Online
* You can easily buy a parking pass online when you purchase your ticket. If you don’t do this, you will have to stand in an unnecessary line up. So don’t be like me, and make sure you buy your parking pass online!
Tip 2: Load Up Your Wristband Prior to the Event
* This year the only way to pay for anything at the festival was by using your wristband. My advice would be to register and add money to your wristband before the event. Once again, to avoid unnecessary lineups. This way you will have more time to enjoy the actual festival instead of waiting in a line up that you could have avoided.
Tip 3: Wear a Hat and Bring Sunscreen
* I know this sounds like common sense, but trust me, this is something you need to do! If you’re like me, you get headaches in the sun, and no one wants to have a headache while they are listening to a band play. This can be easily avoided by wearing a hat. Also, make sure to bring sunscreen. Putting it on only once is not enough when you are constantly standing in the sun all day. I know I sound like a mom with this tip, but trust me, do it.
Tip 4: Bring a Water Bottle
* It is very important to stay hydrated at a festival like this. Make sure you bring your own water bottle because there are free refill stations all over the festival grounds.
Tip 5: Keep Your Phone on Airplane Mode
* Keeping your phone on airplane mode will help to conserve battery. Sure it will block incoming messages and calls, but do you really even need to be looking at that while you’re at Wayhome?
Tip 6: Bring a Pole or Flag to Find Your Friends
* If you are going to Wayhome with a big group of friends, chances are you are going to be split up at some point. If you bring a flag or a pole with a unique picture on it, you can easily find each other in a large crowd. I saw a lot of creative ones this year. The funniest I saw was probably one of Justin Trudeau’s face with the puppy filter from Snapchat. In addition to these being a useful way to find your friends, they are also a fantastic conversation starter and a great way to meet new people!
Tip 7: Let Loose and Have Fun!
* There are not many times when you can completely let loose and go absolutely crazy, but Wayhome is one of those times. So leave all your problems behind you and just have fun when you come to this festival.